Create and Run Python Project
To create and run a Python program, you must have Python installed on your computer. You may also need to install a Python Code editor, such as Visual Studio Code, to make project development easier. If you haven't already, follow this guide to install them.
Follow the steps below to create and run a Python project:
- Open a terminal and create a folder with your project name using the command as shown in the example below:
- Launch the Visual Studio Code.
- Add your project folder to the Visual Studio Code Explorer:
- File > Add Folder to Workspace and add the project folder into the IDE.
- After your project is loaded in the Visual Studio Code Explorer, right-click on the project folder and from the toolbar select New File and type main.py as your file name.
Note: You can also run a python program from the command prompt or terminal. Simply go the location where your Python file is and execute the command as shown in the example below: