How to add Facebook Messenger to a Website
Facebook offers the Chat Plugin, which can be used to seamlessly integrate Facebook Messenger with your website.
To add the chat plugin to your website, you must have a Facebook page of your website. If you don't already have one, you can easily create it through your Facebook account. The Facebook Chat Plugin is a free extension that you can install on your website to enable chat functionality.
Follow these simple steps to add Facebook Messenger Chat to your websites:
- Go to your Facebook page.
- Navigate to Meta Business Suite from your Facebook page.
- Go to Inbox from the left menu.
- When you are on the Inbox page (Meta Business Suite), click the settings icon at the top right, and from the dropdown dialog, click the View all settings option.
- When you are redirected to Inbox settings page, click the Chat plugin.
- Now, you can customize your chat plugin by selecting the Customize your Chat plugin option.
- After your customization is complete, you can scroll up and click the Set up your Chat plugin button.
- Next, choose one option from the Pick a setup method list. If you intend to set up chat functionality for a WordPress website, you can select the WordPress option or any other that best suits your situation. In this example, I'm configuring it for a Laravel website, so I've opted for the Standard.
- Choose langauge for your chat plugin, save and continue.
- Enter your domain name. For example: mywebsite.com. Choose Save and continue.
- Copy code
- Paste the code snippet directly right after the opening tag on every web page where you wish to display the Chat plugin.
- Refresh the web page where you've inserted the code, you'll notice the chat plugin appearing on your page.
- When you see Your Chat plugin is ready message, click Done.