Sample Sick Leave Application Letter For Office
A sick leave letter is a document to inform your employer that you are unwell and required leave. An employee may take sick leave for personal illness, medical appointments, and also for taking care of their family members. The following are sample sick leave letters for office employees:
Sample 1 – Sick Leave Application Letter
Subject: Sick Leave Required Dear Sir/Madam, I'm writing to let you know that I won't be able to come to work today due to fever and headache. Therefore, I'd like to request you to grant me one day leave for today, <DD-MM-YYYYY>. Thank you for understanding. Yours Sincerely, Your Full Name
Sample 2 – Sick Leave Application Letter
Subject: Application Letter for Sick Leave Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to inform you that I won't be able to come to the office today since I'm not feeling well and experiencing signs of a viral illness. I went to the doctor yesterday, and he told me I needed to relax for X days. I have asked <colleague name> to handle my pending tasks during my absence. For any urgent needs, I will be available via phone and email. Thank you for understanding. Yours Sincerely, Your Full Name
Important Tips For Writing an Application for Sick Leave
Some of the useful and important things to keep in mind while writing an application for sick leave:
- The letter should be a standard formal letter.
- The letter should clearly state the reason for your absence.
- You should clearly mention the number of days that you'll be absent from work.
- You should mention about your availability to communicate if needed.
- If someone has been assigned to handle your pending tasks, you should mention their name.
- End your letter by thanking.