Install Java on MacOS
Installing Java basically involves downloading, installing, and verifying the Java version.
Follow the steps below to install Java on MacOS:
- The new Oracle policy requires you to have an Oracle account before you can download Oracle Java. If you do not already have an Oracle account then you can Create a new Oracle Account here. After creating an Oracle account, verify your email.
- Go to the official Oracle Java 8 download page. Find other Java JDK version here
- Look for macOS x64 and click on the corresponding .dmg file download link on the right.
- Next, accept the license agreement and then click on the download button.
- You'll be redirected to the oracle login page. Signin into your Oracle account. When the download dialog box appears prompting you to run or save the file, save the file to install it later.
- After you have downloaded the .dmg file, navigate to the location where your file is downloaded. Double click on the saved file and follow the installation wizard until it is complete.
Verify Java Installation
- After the installation is complete, verify the Java version that is installed on your computer by running the following command in the terminal:
This displays the current version of Java that is installed on your computer as shown in the example below:
java version "13.0.2_231" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 13.0.2_231-b11) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.231-b11, mixed mode)
Running the above command should display the current version of Java compiler that is installed on your computer:
Installation of Oracle Java is complete.