Install Java on Windows 10
Installing Java basically involves downloading, installing, and verifying the Java version.
Follow the steps below to install Java on Windows 10:
- The new Oracle policy requires you to have an Oracle account before you can download Oracle Java. If you do not already have an Oracle account then you can Create a new Oracle Account here. After creating an Oracle account, verify your email.
- Go to the official Oracle Java download page . Find other Java JDK version here
- Look for Windows x64 and click on the .exe file download link on the right.
- Next, accept the license agreement and then click on the download button.
- You'll be redirected to the oracle login page. Signin into your Oracle account. When the download dialog box appears prompting you to run or save the file, save the file to install it later. Example shown in the image below:
- After the download is complete, navigate to the location where you have downloaded the .exe file. Double click on the .exe installation file and follow the installation wizard until it is complete.
Verify Java Installation
- After the installation is complete, verify the Java version that is installed on your computer by running the following command in the command prompt:
The execution of above command displays the current version of Java that is installed on your computer as shown in the example below:
java version "1.8.0_231" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_231-b11) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.231-b11, mixed mode)
Running the above command displays the current version of installed Java Compiler:
Installation of Oracle Java is complete.
If you want to install Java OpenJDK then find it here.